WOW how has it already been another week? Our teachers are keeping us busy with lots of words and phrases to memorize and tons of things to study on our own time, but it's all been so good!! The gift of tongues is real and I feel God helping me understand and be able to speak a little more every single day! Not only have I been learning more Portuguese but I've learned so much more about the gospel through my classes and studies by myself and with my AMAZING companion Sister Hassler!! I've never connected with someone as fast and I have with her and she makes every day so much fun with lots of stories swapping and stretching breaks and tons of laughing in between all our studying :)
This week we got to teach one of our teachers role playing as someone interested in the gospel and WOW what a learning experience!! I realized listening to someone speak Portuguese is VERY different than reading it, but it was great practice and it's amazing that God trusts simple young adults like me to go out and teach His children the gospel! Never underestimate the power you have, regardless of your age guys!
There are definitely some hard times in the CTM and trying to figure out what being a missionary at home means, but this week I learned more than ever that attitude is EVERYTHING!! Have a bad attitude and you'll feel overwhelmed and inadequate, but have a good attitude and you learn how to rely on your Heavenly Father to calm your fears and strengthen you so that you can do His will and become more like Him!! Even when your internet dies four times during class ;)
Today I want to leave you with something my teacher Irmao Santos told us. He is the most energetic, loving person I've ever met and at the end of our classes yesterday he told us "WOW! You guys have learned so much in only a week! I know it's not because of my teaching but it's your studying and practicing and the Lord helping you guys to progress so quickly. I'm so proud and excited for you guys!!!! But Heavenly Father is much more excited for you guys than I am!!" Think of the most supportive, hyped, enthusiastic person you know, and your Heavenly Father is 10X that excited about YOU!!!!!
This gospel is so true and I know God answers prayers and is your BIGGEST cheerleader!! So if you ever need a pep talk, give him a little prayer ok? love you allll and hope you find little ways to be happy this week!!
<3 Sister Miller
sister hassler and i met up in real life and did a hike today!!!!! what a cutie head!!!
Elder Bailey serenaded us on the guitar while our teacher did 1-on-1s
cafe riooo



No comments:
Post a Comment