Monday, July 27, 2020

"There is no physical rest, but there is spiritual rest in Christ"


 Thanks to one of our friends this week for spitting the words of wisdom in the subject line during one of our lessons! As a missionary you are working all day, and even when we use Zoom for hours and with 8 hours of rest a night, it's still a very tiring work! I thought I couldn't be more tired than I was at byu, but I hit the pillow HARD every night at 10:30 here haha but I couldn't be happier to be tired at the end of the day! The scripture that's motivated me all week is d&c 4:2 "Therefore, o yea that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day". I know that as I forget my own worries and give myself completely over to God, He will use me to help others come unto Christ!!! And nothing is greater than that!


This week was wild one! I made a goal to be bold in my testifying and man did the Lord put me in situations where I had the opportunity to chose to be bold or to back down. One of our friends this week was going through some stuff that I felt very underqualified to help with, but after a long time listening to her I felt the Spirit prompt me to besr my testimony and even though I didn't know what to say, I bore my testimony of Christ and the Spirit filled my mouth with the words I needed to say!! This was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I was able to feel the Spirit stronger than ever before in my life!! When we trust the Spirit, miracles happen!!

Speaking of miracles, thats what this whole week has been full of! Literally everything felt like a miracle! The warm air outside and the questions our friends asked during lessons and our studies being exactly what our friends needed, ah God is so good!!

So sorry for how scattered this email has been but so I dont forget I want to write some of the things we did this week! 
-Lots of service from painting a shed to planting some plants to mowing a lawn! 
-Some zoom lessons with recent converts where we got listen to their sweet and simple testimonies
-a lesson with another bishop in our zones daughter in the online MTC right now
- teaching Giovanni-THEE MOST PREPARED man ever, thank you to the missionaries that taught him in 2014 because he is now ready to be baptized and commit to live the gospel!!
-teaching a recent covert family living in Brazil IN PORTUGUESE (rough times but we made it)
-bible study eith Dave, a Vietnam vet and ready for the apocalypse with alllll his toilet paper haha
-food not bombs free food giving out in downtown columbia
-getting to know the members at church from 6 feet apart with our face masks on :) 

Hope you all have a great week and see God's hand in your life such as Pete the beetle that lives in the corridor next to our apartment, google maps, and frozen grapes!! I love you but God loves you even more!!
Te amo!!!
<3 Sis Mill

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end :,)

  Oii boa tarde tudo!!! I can not believe that I am writing my last email as a full-time missionary! The time passes so quickly (whether you...