This week was AMAZING!!! There are so many things to write about so I'm only going to choose a few haha but I learned so much about becoming a missionary, making specific goals, how true the gospel is, and that my district includes some very talented people! To practice our Portuguese these week we had a talent show and there were acts from playing Popcorn Popping on the guitar to dunking on an over-the-door hoop to singing in Portuguese to dunking on a real hoop to reciting the whole Living Christ from memory and a whole bunch of other wacky things in between!! I'm glad to report that my avocado toast making was a hit and I may have just found my new favorite word in Portugues-abacate (prounouned a-ba-caught-chee).
My favorite thing said by one of my teachers this week was "Heavenly Father asks difficult things of those that can do them." If you feel like you're going through a hard time right now, that's only because God knows you can handle it!! He loves each of you and always wants you to be improving so sometimes he gives us hard things to go through to grow into who He needs up to become! I've definitely felt this as I've had some hard days in the CTM trying to learn Portuguese and explain all my feelings about the gospel in another language, but I have grown more than I ever have before!!! I know this gospel is true and that Christ is the only way to get through all the hard things in life with joy!! Hope you all have a great week and find a small way God has shown his love for you! This week mine was through the laughter of my family, companion, and my district :)
<3 Sis Mill
ps if anyone has ever learned a language and understands reflectives...your girl is VERY confused about it hahah
our district talent show. had to get creative on how to show swimming as a talent over zoom!
my cute nephew ikaika + some fun photobombing sisters ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment