Saturday, July 4, 2020

Sometime you need to remember longer than you think

The quote of my email this week was from a devotional we watched in the CTM this week about how missionary work is changing but that it will continue in new and exciting ways!! These new ways might take a little bit of adjusting and getting used to, but that we need to "remember the things which the Lord hath said" (1 Nephi 15:11) including that He loves us and will always support us if we turn to Him, but that sometimes we need to remember that for longer than we think. Sometimes we need to have more patience and remember the little good things that are happening as we make our way through challenging times toward worthy goals!! The Lord ALWAYS remembers you so you should always REMEMBER HIM!!! oh so good!!

This week was another great one! We started having our classes mostly in Portuguese this week which has been challenging but also helped me learn so much more about the language!!! Still not a master at all the grammar tenses (did you know there are 12 tenses in English as well as Portuguese?? who knew!) but I'm slowly picking up more and more and the Spirit is great at communicating what I'm trying to say ;)

Because we are learning SO MANY things every day, sometimes I can feel a little overwhelmed. Those of you that know me well know I have two instinctive responses to this: tears or laughter. Or both! This week I definitely experienced both, but a lot more laughter than tears, and most of the tears were from laughter so that is so so good!! During afternoon class one day we were going over past subjunctive conjugations and translating a story about Joseph Smith one sentence at a time. I was translating it in my head as our teacher called on people and was not doing too hot. Then he called on me to do the next sentence and I quickly looked it over, and BLESSED, I knew how to do this one so I unmuted my mic and started translating, but after only two words I doubted myself and said "wait umm" and then just completely lost it in a fit of laughter!!! I was expecting the teacher to just call on someone else while I was laughing but he was so patient and just waited 2 WHOLE MINUTES for me to control myself so that I could finish translating the 6 word sentence! And then we we got to take a 5 minute break to get a drink and go to the bathroom hahah but I think it was definitely for me get in control of myself haha what a kind soul :) That story just about sums up this week, other highlights included spending another day with Sis Hassler (YAY!!), seeing a girl from my BYU lacrosse team, and driving to Moab for a qick p-day full of hiking!!! 

Hope you all are doing well and I encourage you to thank someone that inspires you for their influence in your life :) Love you all!!
<3 Sis Mill
action shot of sister hassler and i in action, thank you mom
learned about the brazilian flag and culture wahoo!!!

some fun names changes this week

millers take on moab, 4th of july + corona edition


No comments:

Post a Comment

the end :,)

  Oii boa tarde tudo!!! I can not believe that I am writing my last email as a full-time missionary! The time passes so quickly (whether you...