Hello hello everyone and happy Monday Nov 23rd!! Hope y'all are enjoying all the wonderful things life has to offer, especially the sun and fresh air!! This week my companion and I got exposed to COVID and have actually tested positive so we've been in our apartment this week! A great reminder of just how much I LOVE the sunshine and rain and wind and all the weathers the world has to offer haha. Excited to get back out there in t-5 days!
Butttttt even though we've been inside this past week we have seen so many MIRACLES!!! I wanted to name a few of the blessings that have come from being inside!!!
1. We weren't able to get in contact with one of our older and super high-risk from Mary last weekend and we were super bummed about it! Turned out to be a HUGE blessing because if she had opened the door and let us in we might've exposed her to COVID and that would not have been good. The Lord works in mysterious ways!
2. We were actually able to do a lesson OVER THE PHONE with Mary this week!! She wasn't feeling great and if we had showed up at her door like we usually do, we probably wouldn't have been able to talk with her but because we called she let us teach her a little more about the Holy Ghost and how she can find PEACE even during this crazy time!!
3. We scheduled more lessons fri+sat than we've ever had! Although not all of them happened we were able to be prepared to help so many of God's children!
4. I was able to study Portugese everyday this week!! Miracles!!
5. Our friend Giovanni finally received permission to be baptized and will be baptized in TWO SATURDAYS!!!!!!! We were ready to wait months for this, but now it's happening before the new year and I'll be able to be here for it!!
6. Zoom church!! Most congregations for the Church of Jesus Christ offer some sort of streaming for their services now so we were able to watch church even though we couldn't go in person!
7. PRESIDENT NELSONS MESSAGE OF HOPE AND HEALING!!!! Delivered Friday WOW what a tender mercy and reminder to be grateful in all that we do!! It definitely lifted my spirits!!! <3333
8. Had a very spiritual zoom lesson with a member of our ward I'd never met. She shared some hard but amazing experiences when she relied on the Savior and how others have blessed her life and it was exactly what I needed to hear to feel the Spirit and remember why the gospel is so important to me and why I came on a mission in the first place!
9-29483901!! I can't list all the amazing things I was blessed with this unconventional week!! Life can still be so good even when it's unexpected, if the focus of your life is on Jesus Christ!!!!
I hope you all had a great week and have another wonderful week leading up to Thanksgiving!!! I encourage all of you to join President Nelson's challenge to flood social media with thankfulness for the next 7 days with the #givethanks!!! I love and miss you all so so much but I KNOW this is where the Lord needs me to be, even if it's for reasons I don't quite understand yet :) look for the tender mercies like dominoes pizza, walmart delivery, electrolyte drink mix-ins, new music, and amazing roommates/family members!!!! I love you but God loves you even more!!!
Te amo!!!
<3 sis mill
Nightly zoom district call because we all got COVID (guys don't take off your mask even if it's to play volleyball. That's how it'll get you haha)
Cute member friend ordered us dominoes when we had to cancel our lesson!
Getting to sit in the car when we got tested. The sun was shining so bright wahoo!!!!
Crumbl opened in columbia!! (pre-corona;))
No comments:
Post a Comment