Tuesday, February 16, 2021

-17 degrees

 Now that's chilly. So blessed to have warm gloves and coats and heaters and blankets and fuzzy socks and an apartment even if the thermostat is slightly broken cause 59 degrees is WAYYYY better than 1 with windchill of -17!! 


This week was great! Got another companion so we're now in a trio with Sister Chamber who is a rockstar!! We had a crazy busy week talking to lots of members of the church in our area as well as helping our friend Annette move and organize! I also got to see my first companion Hermana Gonzalez and it was so tender + cool to see how much we've both grown closer to our Savior Jesus Christ since we met in july!!!! Shes still one of the most inspiring people I've ever met!!

This week we had the opportunity to shovel snow on the St Louis temple grounds!! Even though it literally felt like -15 degrees and all I had on my hands were little knit gloves, the Spirit that is there is so full of love and joy!!! I cant wait to go back inside one day and learn more about my loving Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ!!!! 

A quick spiritual thought for the week: no matter what religion or background you are, you can love others!!! The church's 2021 study manual for the doctrine and convents this week had a quote I loved
"...service in God's work has always been about HOW we serve, not who notices. However small or unseen your contribution may seem at times, YOU TOO are a fellow servant in the Lord's great work". I testify that is true for every single one of you reading this email!!!! God's work is to help His children and when you love or give a smile or hold the door or help someone move or share your testimony you are participating in the Lord's work!! And you all are great examples of that :)

Hope yall have a great week and see the tender mercies like hot showers and nice pens and hugs and phone chargers and laughing!! I love you but God loves you even more!!
Te amo!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

the end :,)

  Oii boa tarde tudo!!! I can not believe that I am writing my last email as a full-time missionary! The time passes so quickly (whether you...