Tuesday, August 31, 2021

I love the kids!!


 Hello hello, crazy that another week has come and gone here in Missouri (and wherever you all are at as well haha)!! This week was another busy one, and those are the best kind! So many things happen every day but there is so much good in every day!!!


The highlight of my week this week was an activity we did for the Primary kids in the Columbia stake!! Because of COVID, the kids have not been able to have any activities together but this Saturday we did a drive-up/drive-by activity!!! Each companionship of missionaries in the stake came up with their own little activity to do for the kids while they stayed in their cars, and then we set up in different places in the church parking lots and for two hours the parents drove around and we played games with the children!!!! it was so fun to see their cute little faces in person!! Hermana Gonzalez and I did Name That Tune with Primary songs! Seeing the kids eye light up when they recognized Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree or Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam reminded me of the JOY that kids find in anything /everything , and that we shouldn't lose that as we grow up!! Listening to primary songs all morning also reminded me how SIMPLE the gospel is! God loves us, His children, so He sent His Son Jesus Christ to atone for all our pains so that if we turn to Him, we can find joy and peace and happiness no matter the world around us!! SO GOOD!!!!

This week I was studying a little bit on the promises the Lord gives to his missionaries, and I found one scripture that I LOVE  is in D&C 84:88. Here there are some men that are preparing to leave on missions soon after the Church was restored by Joseph Smith, and the Lord is reassuring them that He will be there to help them. Verse 88 says "...for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your life, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you to bear you up." No matter what we are doing, whether that's serving a mission or moving away to school or trying to make friends, the Lord PROMISES that He will be with us!! If we are trying to have Christ be involved in our lives, if we are reading our scriptures and praying to our Heavenly Father and trying to live the way Christ did and has asked us to live, He will always be with us through the Holy Ghost!!!! I know if we make room for the Spirit in our hearts, that He will reside there and we can feel peace and comfort and hope even during hard times!! The gospel is so true and brings me joy and hope every single day to be better than I was the day before!!!!! AHH WHAT AN INCREDIBLE MESSAGE!!!! 

I hope y'all have a grand week and see the Lord's hand in your life such as the Chipotle at 9pm, a car with working ac, making traditional mexican food TWICE, reminding you to buy sandwich baggies and then forget them in the car so you have them the next night when you need a bag, and AMAZING PEOPLE!!!!! I love you but God loves you even more!!!
Te amo!!!
<3 Sis Mill

and sorry i broke my phone last week so i don't have any pictures currently, so sorry but don't worry there will be LOTS next week haha tchau tchau!

pps is anyone has good bug spray/essential oils mix/anything to make the bug bites less itchy, lmk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

the end :,)

  Oii boa tarde tudo!!! I can not believe that I am writing my last email as a full-time missionary! The time passes so quickly (whether you...